Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 16th, 2012

Family,

This last week was a little rough. We worked all day and just walked from house to house with failed appointments. I'm not sure why it's that way, we aren't doing anything crucially different, but people have just been very hard to meet with. All of our 9 Recent Converts from last month are awesome and they all are strong members in the church, but as for new people to find and teach, it's not been so easy. That has made these last week's days very stressful. Some days I wake up and don't feel like working at all. I imagine that's just part of missionary work though. It's not easy, and I don't think it should be. I'm gaining a great respect for every missionary who even FINISHES his mission, let alone have been the best missionary he could have been. Being honest, two years is a long time to do this work every day! But I won't quit, partly because I've always planned my life with a full-time mission in it, so coming home early kind of devastates any of my other future plans. This next week we're going to a Stake Conference and "Tad R. Callister" of the seventy will be there to organize some 2 new stakes. There probably will be a ton of people there because 4 stakes from Accra will be attending. That's interesting about Mitt Romney, keep me updated on that stuff, because sometimes I hear things about him here too. So the City Creek Mall is church owned? that's sweet!
The missionary work really is going well, and I'm always learning something new, EVERY DAY. The Ghanaian people are so different from what I'm used to, and I'm always trying to figure out how to best relate to them so I can teach them better. We had a really nice lesson that was filled with the spirit where we taught a woman and her two daughters about families. I wish I could just teach about families only, I feel like I have more experience with that than anything else. The woman even said that she liked the teachings we brought and how they were so focused on love. She could feel the spirit and it was real neat to see her bear her testimony. I'm noticing that our recent converts can bear their testimony better than the members of the church. It's always neat to hear them say things that they've come to know are true. Next week we'll have 5 of our recent converts be ordained to the Aaronic priesthood, it's pretty sweet! Anyways, I love you guys! Thanks mom and dad for your letters, they're always nice to read. 

---Elder Littlefield

No comments:

Post a Comment