Saturday, November 5, 2011

This week has been a week of realization, and I'm really becoming my own missionary! I'm making my own choices more and not being led to and fro by what my companion thinks. It feels so good and things are looking up! Halloween tonight! I'm making Elder Nembaware Celebrate and we're going to go buy a bunch of cookies and candy! I got the packages you sent me this last Saturday! It's like you read my mind! I was going to ask for drink mixes and spices for food and you sent exactly that! way crazy! I was trying to think back if I had asked for it already when I opened the package. Thanks though, we loved it! When you send one of those though, maybe put a few hand-written letters in it! I love those! Even DearElder.com is awesome too! It's just fun to get mail whenever the couple missionaries come back from a trip to Accra.  We had 3 baptisms this week and I baptized all of them! It was a mother and her two children. They always choose me to baptize them (Because I'm white. It sounds dumb, but it's true, they love Obrunies) It went so well and I really think the mom will make a very faithful member. She has a huge testimony and is a very strong person. Plus she has a really good friend in the church now her age. We're supposed to be going to the temple sometime in the next two weeks and I'm way excited! We also had a "district activity" this last saturday that we went too (Elder Nembaware didn't want to go because he's a killjoy sometimes, but I made him go because I felt like we should go). They had lots of games and activities and they even had a little 50-metre dash between the branches. No big deal, but...I won! It was funny too, because everyone from my branch was thanking me because I won for our branch. They were so sincere about it too, haha! Oh, so I can totally eat Fufu now too. I downed a whole bowl in like 10 minutes. It used to take me a good 20 minutes to eat it because it was so much and it wasn't that great, but I loved it this last time. My teaching is getting better as well! There's always that moment of truth after teaching someone something where you ask them "What did you understand from what I've explained?". I've had so many people this week that have been able to repeat back, in their own words, exactly the message I wanted them to receive! It feels so sweet!  Sweating all the time has just become normal and doesn't really bother me, but it was hard to get over that. Also having tomato paste in about everything I eat has become pretty normal too. Anyways, I hope Halloween is awesome! I'm so jealous. Also, for packages, I would like some more stamps! Plus maybe some of that candy-cane hot chocolate mix for christmas. Sugary stuff is always good. Anything seasonal is awesome too, because I'm pretty sure the variety of food will not change here come christmas time. Everyone will still have their rice and tomatoe paste, fufu, or banku. It get's old if you have it everyday (at least for me) but they love it. Anyways I love you guys and I'll try to send some more pictures this time!  Oh, and mom, I take my doxy every day. I think I may have missed one day the whole time I've been here.

Love, Elder Littlefield

No comments:

Post a Comment